Hall of Fame Eligibility
Hall of Fame Requirements
- An athlete must have earned at least two letters in one sport or one letter in two or more sports and have attended Lynn University a minimum of two years.
- The athlete will not be considered until five years after his/her class graduates
- A coach or athletic administrator must have served at Lynn University for at least eight years and have retired (or left the university) prior to being selected
- The nominee must have departed in good standing, and, the record of the nominee must be so outstanding that there is no question as to qualifying for the Hall of Fame
- Candidates must be passed by 75 percent of the vote (rounded to the nearest whole percentage) of the selection committee in attendance
- No more than four nominees may be elected to the Hall of Fame in a single year. There is no limit, however, to the number of times an individual may be considered
- In exceptional cases, any and/or all of the above requirements may be waived by a recommendation to the President following a unanimous vote of the committee in attendance
Basic Selection Criteria
- For student-athletes, the principle criterion is the quality of performance as an athlete at Lynn University.
- Consideration for induction into the Lynn University Athletics Hall of Fame can be enhanced based on academic performance, honors gained in extracurricular activities, contributions made as a professional after graduation, civility and endeavors as an active alum.
- Consideration should also include the number of varsity letters earned in each sport, team leadership (captain, co-captain), participation on national championship teams, recognition received (All-SSC, All-Region, All-American) and other contributions to varsity teams
- The quality of contributions while in school followed by national recognition for achievements in the sport at the professional level could allow for an exception to the academic requirements
- Coaches should be considered based on championship performance, outstanding records and civility.
To nominate a former student-athlete or administrator for the Lynn University Athletic Hall of Fame please contact Sports Information Director Chad Beattie.
Distinguished Service Award
The Distinguished Service Award will be given in conjunction with the Athletic Hall of Fame. The purpose of the award is to honor people who have supported the athletic programs at Lynn University but do not meet the requirements for induction into the Hall of Fame. No more than one such person may be honored each year. (may not be awarded on an annual basis)