BOCA RATON, FLA. – The Lynn University baseball team used an impressive start from Victor Danza, and balanced team offense, including a career-first homer from Ben Fagan, to down the Lions, 11-2, on Monday afternoon.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 23 Lynn 11, Molloy College 2
Records: Lynn (17-7), Molloy College (3-10)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads the series, 9-2
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Danza may have solidified his role as a midweek starter for the Fighting Knights with an impressive fourth appearance and third start of the season. The sophomore now owns a 2-0 record after working 7.0 innings and allowing one run on five hits and allowing just one free pass.
- Philip Quinn finished the game for the Blue and White in his fifth appearance of the season, working the final 2.0 innings while giving up one run on one hit.
- Lynn continues to swing the bat, doubling up Molloy in hits, 12-6. Jake Rouse led the Fighting Knights at the plate with a 3-for-4 day with two RBI and two runs scored. Gabe Martinez, Fagan, and DJ Daniels managed to earn two base knocks while Patrick Dorrian, Tyler Curtis and Willie Seay grinded out hits on the day as well.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The Blue and White gave up two runs in the game, tying the second-lowest scoring output on the season for Lynn's opponents.
- The nonconference win improves upon their record when playing at the Lynn Baseball Field, 14-5.
- The Fighting Knights have been a dominant hitting team, and own a team average of .360, slugging percentage of .593, and have sent 45 balls out of the park through just 24 games.
- Hitting Streaks: Rouse (18), Curtis (11), Martinez (10) and Daniels (6).
The Fighting Knights will host Southern Connecticut State on Tuesday for the second-straight midweek game. First pitch is set for 3:00 p.m.