BOCA RATON, FLA. – The Lynn University baseball team took advantage of yet another scoreless pitching outing from Donovan Armas, and an eight-spot in the seventh inning to garner the 15-2 victory over the Adelphi Panthers on Friday afternoon.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 15 Lynn 15, Adelphi 2
Records: Lynn (19-7), Adelphi (8-5)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads the series, 9-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- The Fighting Knights were able to double up the Panthers in hits, 18-9, and Pat Dorrian led the home team with four hits on the day.
- Tyler Curtis and Jake Rouse reached base on hits three times, while Karl Ellison managed two hits of his own. Six other members of the Blue and White managed to get a base knock as well.
- Ellison and Ceballos combined for eight of the teams RBI. But seven different Lynn players managed to knock in at least one run.
- Armas managed to continue his dominance on the mound this season, earning his fifth win of the year. The righty went 6.0 innings giving up just 6 hits without giving up a run.
- Jonathan Eisdorfer pitched the next two innings before playing second base in the ninth. He was relieved by Alec Hernandez in his eighth appearance of the year.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Michael Buckley hit a two-RBI dinger in a pinch hitting situation, and it was his first bomb in a Blue and White uniform.
- The Blue and White scored 15 runs, and now have 13 games scoring in double-digits this season
- The Fighting Knights have been a dominant hitting team, and own a team average of .373, slugging percentage of .619, and have sent 54 balls out of the park through just 26 games.
- Hitting Streaks: Ceballos (14), Curtis (13), Corbitt (8), Daniels (8), and Dorrian and Grandinette (5).
The Fighting Knights go against Adelphi on Saturday for the final game of weekend. First pitch is scheduled for 2:00 p.m.