Melbourne, Fla. – The Lynn University Baseball team failed to respond to the series-opening loss with a win today, as the Fighting Knights were swept in the double header, and series, on Saturday against the Florida Tech Panthers. Game one was a walk-off winner for the home team, 4-3, and in game two the Panthers ran away with the 9-3 victory to seal the Sunshine State Conference sweep.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Tech 4, No. 7 Lynn 3; Florida Tech 9, No. 7 Lynn 3
Records: Florida Tech (17-11, 3-3 SSC), Lynn (20-10, 4-5 SSC),
Location: Andy Seminick Field | Melbourne, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads the series, 44-39
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Game 1
- Frank Grandinette put on his best pitching performance of the season, going a complete game for the Fighting Knights, giving up just three earned runs on seven hits, but the outing ended on a sour note as the Panthers scored two in the ninth to give the Lynn starter his third loss of the year.
- Five members of the Blue and White recorded a hit, while Pat Dorrian, Karl Ellison and DJ Daniels had two base knocks each.
- The visiting team left eight men on base in the contest, while the Panthers limited that number to five.
- Of note: One out and two runners left on base when the game ended.
- Game 2
- Michael Imperato earned the starting nod and went 4.0 innings before being pulled. He gave up four runs on five hits, but also fanned five Florida Tech batters. He is now 1-4 on the season.
- Victor Danza, Jonathan Eisdorfer, Jonathon Wake and Connor Davis finished the game off for the Fighting Knights. However, Eisdorfer was the only one among those to go over one complete inning (2.1 IP).
- The hits were well distributed in game two, with eight members of the Blue and White recording a base knock. The three through five spots in the lineup went a combined 6-for-11 with one run batted in.
- Jonathon Corbitt and Alex Turner each recorded one hit and one RBI apiece.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Three runs, which happened in back-to-back games in today's double-header, is the lowest scoring output of the 2017 campaign.
- The Blue and White have struggled on the road so far this year, owning a 2-5 record away from the Lynn Baseball Field.
The Fighting Knights will return home for a weekend series against interconference foe Rollins College. Game one is scheduled for Friday March 31 at 3 p.m.