BOCA RATON, Fla. – Donovan Armas continued his dominance on the mound, and Pat Dorrian blew the game open with a grand slam in the fourth inning. Both those things led the Lynn University Baseball team to a 11-2 victory over the Rollins College Tars on Friday afternoon.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 20 Lynn 11, Rollins 2
Records: Lynn (21-10, 5-5 SSC), Rollins (17-12, 2-5 SSC)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn trails the series, 42-35-1
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- Armas started his ninth game of the 2017 season, and earned his sixth victory. The senior went 6.0 innings of work with seven strikeouts and not giving up any earned runs. The two runs given up in his appearance were unearned after a two-out error.
- Connor Davis came in to finish the game, earning himself his first three-inning save of the season.
- The Fighting Knights more than doubled the Tars in hits, 14-6. Jonathon Corbitt led the way at the plate with a 3-for-4 performance with one RBI.
- Four different batters recorded two hits on the day, and while three others got one hit on the board.
- Dorrian led the way with four RBIs, but Karl Ellison (3) and Tyler Curtis (2) knocked in multiple runners as well. Corbitt and Jake Rouse knocked in the remaining two runners.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- After being on the wrong end of the series sweep last weekend, the Blue and White returned home and improved their impressive home record of 18-5.
- 11 runs on 14 hits is the highest totals for the offense since a 15-2 victory against Adelphi on March 17.
- The Fighting Knights have been a dominant hitting team, and own a team average of .359, slugging percentage of .597, and have sent 63 balls out of the park through just 31 games.
- Hitting Streaks: Ellison (7), Dorrian (3) and Curtis (3)
The Fighting Knights will wrap up the home SSC series tomorrow with a double header starting at 12 p.m.