BOCA RATON, Fla. – After losing the first game of the double header in the ninth inning, 5-4, Miguel Ceballos uses a grand slam and a three-run bomb to power past the Rollins College Tars, 11-8, and clinched the Sunshine State Conference series on Saturday afternoon.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Rollins 5, No. 20 Lynn 4; No. 20 Lynn 11, Rollins 8
Records: Lynn (22-11, 6-6 SSC), Rollins (18-13, 3-6 SSC)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn trails the series, 43-36-1
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Game 1
- Frank Grandinette made his ninth start of the year, and went 6.0 innings giving up three runs on seven hits while fanning four Tars batters.
- Enrique Perez came in looking to finish the final three innings of the game, but gave up two runs in the ninth to take the loss on the mound.
- Five different Lynn batters recorded hits, and four of them had at least two hits on the day (Pat Dorrian, Tyler Curtis, Karl Ellison and Gabe Martinez)
- The Tars outhit the Fighting Knights, 10-9.
- Game 2
- Michael Imperato got the starting nod for game three of the series, but only lasted 4.0 innings. The New Jersey native only gave up two runs on six hits.
- Johnathan Eisdorfer came into the game, worked 3.0 innings and gave up just two runs on four hits, earning his third victory of the season.
- Seven Blue and White batters managed to get a hit, but five of those seven earned two base knocks on the day (Dorrian, Ceballos, Curtis, Ellison and Martinez).
- The Fighting Knights were led in the game by Ceballos, who blasted both hits over the fence, one for the second grand slam in as many days for the Fighting Knights, and a three-run shot over the left field fence.
- Rigo Beltran's entered the game and worked 0.1 inning, the first appearance since the Feb. 5 game against Tusculum.
- Ceballos had his second multi home run game this season, the last time since the season opener vs. Alabama Huntsville where his only two hits were homers as well.
- Ceballos is tied for first in the Sunshine State Conference in home runs with 13. JD Osbourne from Tampa University shares the top spot.
- Karl Ellison hit his second triple of the season.
- Nuzzi is fifth in the conference in saves with four.
- The Fighting Knights scored 11 runs in both wins this weekend.
- The Fighting Knights have been a dominant hitting team, and own a team average of .357, slugging percentage of .591, and have sent 66 balls out of the park through just 33 games.
- Hitting Streaks: Ellison (9), Dorrian (5), Curtis (5), Martinez (4) and Corbitt (4)
The Fighting Knights get ready for an eight-game road trip starting with a midweek game against Keiser at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches. The nonconference game is scheduled for Wednesday April 5 at 6:00 p.m.