West Palm Beach, Fla. – The Lynn University baseball team scored six runs in the final three innings (two per inning), and plated the game-winning run on a wild pitch in the top of the ninth to knock off Keiser University Seahawks 6-5 on Wednesday night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 6, Keiser 5
Records: Lynn (23-11), Keiser (26-14)
Location: The Ballpark at the Palm Beaches | West Palm Beach, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads the series, 20-5
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Seven different Fighting Knight pitchers made appearances, but only the starter, Victor Danza went more than 1.0 inning – 3.0 innings pitched, giving up one run on two hits and one strike out.
- Daniel Nuzzi came in and earned the win to improve him to 3-1 on the season, while Connor Davis came in for the ninth to pick up his second save on the year.
- Nine members of the Blue and White outhit the Seahawks, 12-9, with three hitters recording two hits (Patrick Dorrian, Tyler Curtis and Jake Rouse).
- Curtis made the clutch plays late in the game, hitting a double to right-center field and driving in the tying run. He then managed to advance to third before scoring on the wild pitch to give Lynn the first and final lead of the contest.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Rigo Beltran worked his second game in as many opportunities, and worked his first full inning since Feb. 5 against Tusculum.
- The Blue and White now own an undefeated, 2-0 record, in neutral site games.
- Lynn owns a 17-6 record in nonconference action.
- The Fighting Knights have been a dominant hitting team, and own a team average of .356, slugging percentage of .586, and have sent 66 balls out of the park through just 34 games.
- Hitting Streaks: Ellison (10), Dorrian (6), Curtis (6), Martinez (5) and Corbitt (5).
The Fighting Knights continue their road trip with a weekend series against Saint Leo starting Friday April 7 at 6:00 p.m.