Saint Leo, Fla. – The Lynn University baseball team opened the Sunshine State Conference series with a 5-2 loss against the Saint Leo Lions on Friday night. The Fighting Knight bats were quiet, with exception to Pat Dorrian, who was the only member of the Blue and White to drive in a run on the night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Saint Leo 5, No. 20 Lynn 2
Records: Lynn (23-12, 6-7 SSC), Saint Leo (18-14, 3-7 SSC)
Location: Thomas B. Southard Stadium | Saint Leo ,Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn trails in the series, 40-30
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Donovan Armas went 7.0 innings in the start, but gave up an uncharacteristic five runs on eight hits in his 10th appearance of the season. He was able to fan nine Lions batters in the process.
- Jonathan Eisdorfer worked the final inning for the visiting team, and didn't give up a hit.
- The Blue and White offense only put five hits on the board, and as mentioned previously, Dorrian was the only one able to get multiple base hits. Tyler Curtis, Jake Rouse and Frank Grandinette recorded one hit a piece.
- Lynn had planty of opportunities, stranding nine runners on base in the game.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Today's game, despite the low scoring, had two of the top hitters (by batting average), in the SSC – Curtis, who after tonight is on top with a .453 average, and Dylan Harris, who is second with a .448 average.
- The Fighting Knights have been a dominant hitting team, and own a team average of .356, slugging percentage of .586, and have sent 66 balls out of the park through just 34 games.
- Hitting Streaks: Dorrian (7) and Curtis (7).
The Fighting Knights will wrap up the series with Saint Leo with a double header scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m. tomorrow.