Miami Gardens, Fla. - Lynn University's offense continued its torrid pace but the 16th-ranked baseball team could not maintain an early lead in a 9-6 loss to St. Thomas on Tuesday night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: St. Thomas 9, Lynn 6
Records: St. Thomas (31-14), Lynn (25-13)
Location: Paul Demie Mainieri Field | Miami Gardens, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 23-33 all-time (last played in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- DJ Daniels and Tyler Curtis each went 2-for-5 at the plate with Daniels driving in three runs.
- Alex Turner was 1-for-3 and went deep for the second time this year.
- Lynn scored six runs on eight hits while St. Thomas plated nine on 11 hits.
- The Fighting Knights used six pitchers in the contest. Victor Danza started and allowed one run on two hits in two innings. Michael Imperato followed with two more innings, surrendering two runs, one earned, on two hits with three walks and two strikeouts.
- Phillip Quinn and Connor Davis combined to toss two innings of relief, allowing six runs on six hits. Davis picked up the loss.
- Daniel Nuzzi and Alec Hernandez threw two innings of scoreless relief.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Recorded at least eight hits in nine of the team's last 10 games.
- Scored six or more runs in five of the last seven contests
- Tyler Curtis extended his hitting streaks to 10 games. This is his second double-digit hitting streak of the season.
Lynn plays a pivotal Sunshine State Conference series at ninth-ranked Tampa beginning on Friday, Apr. 14, in Tampa. Fla. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.