BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University baseball team fell behind 10-0 after two innings, and had the bases loaded with one out in the bottom of the ninth with an opportunity to tie the game or take the lead. Unfortunately, the comeback attempt fell short, falling 13-10 to the Eckerd Tritons on Friday afternoon.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Eckerd 13, Lynn 10
Records: Eckerd (16-23, 5-8 SSC), Lynn (25-17, 8-11 SSC)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads the series, 41-13
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Both teams scored in double digits, combining for 23 runs and 35 hits in the opening game of the Sunshine State Conference series.
- 17 of the 18 starters in today's game came up with at least one hit on the day.
- Five Fighting Knights recorded multi-hit performances, led by a 4-for-5 day with one RBI and two runs scored from DJ Daniels.
- Alex Turner went 3-for-5, while Pat Dorrian, Karl Ellison and Jonathon Corbitt had two base knocks each.
- Corbitt had the only home run of the game, making it 12 for him this season.
- Five different members of the Blue and White managed to drive in runs, with Dorrian and Ellison combining for seven of those.
- Both teams combined for 22 runners left on base.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Alec Hernandez made his thirteenth appreance of the season, and his tenth straight without giving up an earned run.
- The Fighting Knights have been a dominant hitting team, and own a team average of .340, slugging percentage of .562, and have sent 77 balls out of the park through just 42 games.
- Hitting Streaks: Tyler Curtis (14) and Daniels (6).
The Fighting Knights look to end their five-game losing streak and continue their weekend series against Eckerd with a double header starting tomorrow at 12:00 p.m.