Miami Shores, Fla. – The Lynn University baseball team were caught in a back-and-forth game on Friday night, but came up short in the 8-6 loss against Sunshine State Conference rival, Barry.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Barry 8, Lynn 6
Records: Barry (22-23, 9-10 SSC), Lynn (26-19, 9-13 SSC)
Location: Feinbloom Field | Miami Shores, Fla.
All-time Series: Barry leads the series, 58-46-3
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- The Fighting Knights outhit the Bucs, 11-10, but also left more runners on base, 10-7. The missed opportunities on the road cost the Blue and White the opening game.
- Donovan Armas got the start on the mound, rebounding from two straight less than stellar performances. The senior went 5.0 innings giving up five runs on six hits with four strikeouts and gave up two long balls.
- Jonathan Eisdorfer picked up his second loss of the season, going the last 3.0 innings of the contest. He gave up three runs (two earned) on four hits and struck out one batter. He gave up the third homer of the contest to Barry.
- The top three in the order (Alex Turner, Patrick Dorrian and Tyler Curtis) went a combined 6-for-13 at the plate.
- Jarren Pinkney and Miguel Ceballos each drove in two runs, and Dorrian picked up the fifth.
- The Blue and White had a lot more strikeouts compared to their opponent, 9-5.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Ceballos hit his 15th homer of the season, tying him in second in the SSC with Jeremy Vazquez from Nova Southeastern.
- Both of Ceballos's hits went for extra bases (a double and home run).
- The road struggles continue for the Blue and White, as they now own a 4-11 record away from the Lynn Baseball Field.
- The Fighting Knights have been a dominant hitting team, and own a team average of .335, slugging percentage of .558, and have sent 83 balls out of the park through just 45 games.
- Hitting Streaks: Turner (4).
The Fighting Knights continue the series with a double header scheduled for a 1:00 p.m. first pitch tomorrow.