Columbus, Ga. – Patrick Dorrian clubbed a pair of solo home runs, but that was all the Lynn University offense could muster on Friday evening as the baseball team dropped the first of a three-game series to Columbus State.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Columbus State 7, Lynn 2
Records: Lynn (5-3) , Columbus State (5-1)
Location: Burger King Stadium | Columbus, Ga.
All-time Series: Columbus State leads, 11-8 (Lynn won 2 of 3 last season)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Dorrian had his second multi-homer game of the young season, launching solo blasts in the first and sixth innings to provide Lynn with both of the team's runs.
- Joe Argumedo added two hits for his first multi-hit game with the Blue and White, registering base hits in the second and seventh innings.
- Enrique Perez suffered his first loss of the season, working 5.2 innings allowing four hits and four walks. He was charged with all seven runs, allowing a pair of round trippers and striking out just one.
- Victor Danza, Billy Facteau and Jake Buxbaum combined to throw 2.1 innings of scoreless relief, scattering four hits between the three.
- Kolton Ingram picked up his third win of the season for the Cougars, tossing 7.0 innings and allowing on five hits and two runs. He struck out four.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Five of the game's first six runs were scored via the long ball as the two teams combined for four home runs.
- Dorrian already has five home runs in eight games after hitting nine home runs in 50 games a season ago. One of those nine came against Columbus State in a 5-2 Lynn win.
- This is the first time this season that the Fighting Knights have dropped back-to-back contests.
- Jake Rouse had a seven-game hitting streak snapped, while Tyler Green saw his seven-game reached-base streak come to a close in the loss.
- Last season, Lynn dropped the series opener to the Cougars before bouncing back to take the final two games of the series.
The two teams get right back at it on Saturday as they go head-to-head at 1 p.m. from Burger King Stadium.