Columbus, Ga. – The Lynn University baseball team got its offense going early and often on Sunday afternoon, plating three or more runs in the second, third and fifth innings en route to a 14-6 win at Columbus State. Tyler Green hit his second home run of the season, while five players doubled in the victory.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 14, Columbus State 6
Records: Lynn (6-4), Columbus State (6-2)
Location: Burger King Stadium | Columbus, Ga.
All-Time Series: Columbus State leads, 12-9 (CSU took two out of three this season)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Green homered and doubled to help lead the offense in the win, driving in three runs and scoring three times while going 3-for-5 on the day. The senior
- Joe Argumedo had a pair of hits and four RBIs, driving in a run on a fielder's choice before tallying an RBI single and a two-run double later in the game.
- Patrick Dorrian, Willie Seay, Tom Archer, Gabe Martinez and DJ Daniels all added two hits for Lynn, helping the offense to a total of 17 hits on the day.
- Rigo Beltran picked up his second win of the season, working 6.0 innings and allowing five runs on six hits and a walk. He struck out six batters, though the Cougars jumped the yard on him three times.
- Billy Facteau and Jake Buxbaum closed out the game with a combined 3.0 innings of relief, allowing just four hits over those three innings.
- Robert Brooks registered a pair of home runs and four RBIs for Columbus State, leading the Cougars' offense on the day.
- Five of the six pitchers that CSU sent to the mound surrendered runs to the Fighting Knights, with starting pitcher T.J. Clark taking the loss. He worked 2.2 innings, allowing six runs—five earned—on six hits and a pair of walks.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Each batter in the Lynn lineup collected at least one hit on the day, the first time the team has accomplished the feat this season.
- Seven players had multi-hit games, the highest amount in a game for Lynn through 10 games in 2018.
- With 17 hits, the Blue and White broke into double digits in the hit column for the third time this season. It was second only to the 20 hits they recorded in a 20-3 win over Miles.
- The Fighting Knights have homered in seven of their 10 games this season, including all three games at Columbus State.
- Three pitchers combined to walk just one batter for Lynn, marking the fifth time this season the team has walked one or less batters. The Fighting Knights are 4-1 when the pitching staff walks one batter or less.
The Fighting Knights return home on Tuesday to take on Division I opponent Eastern Michigan in the South Florida Showdown. First pitch is slated for 2:30 p.m. at the Lynn Baseball Field.