BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University baseball team racked up 20 hits on Wednesday afternoon en route to a darkness-shortened 14-6 victory over Wilmington University (Del.) as the Fighting Knights returned home for the first time in 10 days. The two teams managed just seven innings of gameplay as early-afternoon weather pushed back the start time by more than one hour.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 14, Wilmington 6 (Final - 7 innings)
Records: Lynn (9-10), Wilmington (3-5)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads, 6-1 (Lynn has won four straight head-to-head matchups)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Shayne Fontana had one of his best games of the season, going a perfect 3-for-3 with a walk and three runs on the day. The outfielder also drove in a run with an RBI triple down the right-field line in the third inning.
- For the second day in a row, Tyler Green clubbed a home run to left field as the senior hit his fourth long ball of the season. He finished the day 2-for-4 with three RBIs and a run scored.
- Tom Archer continued his torrid pace at the plate, reaching base in three of his four plate appearances and going 2-for-3 on the day. He scored once and drove in a run while drawing a walk.
- Patrick Dorrian hit his eighth homer of the season in the game, going the opposite way to left field for a three-run home run in the second inning. Dorrian finished the day 1-for-2 with a walk and a hit by pitch.
- Jake Rouse collected his second three-hit performance in as many days as the senior posted a 3-for-4 day with two runs and two RBIs.
- Joe Argumedo racked up three hits from the nine hole in the lineup, driving in a pair of runs and scoring once for the Blue and White.
- Alejandro Martinez homered for the second time this season, hitting Lynn's third home run of the game in the third inning. He finished the day with two hits, two runs and two RBIs as the designated hitter.
- Victor Danza registered his third win of the season out of the bullpen, working 1.1 innings in relief of starter Zack Miednik.
- Jonathon Wake tossed 3.0 innings of relief, allowing just one run on one hit and two walks while punching out three batters.
- Ryan Orender worked a perfect seventh inning, retiring Wilmington in order with a pair of strikeouts.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Miednik made his first career start for the Fighting Knights as he earned a no decision following 1.2 innings of work.
- Dorrian's eight home runs are one shy of his season total from last year through just 19 games for Lynn. The senior infielder has reached base safely in all 19 games so far.
- Seth Hojnacki made his collegiate debut behind the plate in the final inning, while Cal Bocchino picked up his first hit at Lynn and Michael Buckley recorded his first hit of the season.
- Lynn scored double-digit runs in back-to-back games for the second time this season. It was the sixth time in total that the team has scored 10 or more runs in a single game.
- The Blue and White have homered in seven of 10 home games this season and have hit multiple home runs in three of those seven games.
Lynn hits the road for a Sunshine State Conference series this weekend at Eckerd. First pitch of the three-game set is slated for Friday at 6 p.m.