MIAMI SHORES, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team was neck-and-neck with conference-leading Barry University on Saturday, but suffered two tough defeats, 10-8 and 9-7 in a Sunshine State Conference (SSC) doubleheader. Joe Argumedo had three RBI on the day, including a homer in game two, to lead the offensive effort.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Finals:Barry 10, Lynn 8, Barry 8, Lynn 7
Records: Lynn (14-13, 4-8 SSC), Barry (19-4, 9-3 SSC)
Location: Feinbloom Field | Miami Shores, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 51-62-3
STATS OF THE DAY:
- James Buckley scored two runs and homered, going 2-for-3 in the opening game, walking twice and providing three RBIs.
- Alejandro Martinez also went deep in game one, a solo shot, and went 2-for-4 with a walk.
- Argumedo totaled three hits, a homer and three RBI in the twin-bill.
- Misael Castillo did his best to get the Fighting Knights a win in the final game, going 6.0 strong innings and allowing just one earned run, striking out five.
- Tanner Alvarado homered in game two and worked three walks.
- Lynn led 4-0 in game one and 7-1 in game two before the Bucs made their comebacks.
- Barry used a six-run seventh in the second game and a four-run sixth in game one to claim victory.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Alvarado's homer was the first of his career.
- Six different pitchers threw for Barry in the final game with five different hurlers appeared for Lynn.
- Buckley's long ball was his team-leading sixth, which is one-back of the SSC lead.
- The Fighting Knights 31 homeruns are the most in the SSC.
- Lynn is last in the SSC with a 5.31 ERA and gave up 19 combined runs on the day.
- In three games, 10 combined homers were hit between Barry and Lynn with each team totaling five.
- The Blue and White suffer their first SSC series sweep of 2019.
Lynn returns to Boca Raton to prepare for a SSC weekend series with Florida Southern March 22-24 at its home field.