Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team couldn't get its offense on track on Saturday afternoon, managing just five hits in an 8-2 loss to Florida Southern College in Sunshine State Conference (SSC) action. Luis Beltran went deep in the sixth to pace the Fighting Knight attack.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: FSC 8, Lynn 2
Records: Lynn (15-14, 5-9 SSC), Florida Southern (16-11, 2-6 SSC)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Beltran went 1-for-4 with a run scored in the game, launching his first homer of the season to left in the sixth for Lynn's only RBI.
- James Buckley was the lone member of the Blue and White with more than one hit, going 2-for-4 with a triple and a run scored from the leadoff spot.
- Alejandro Martinez provided 1-for-2 day doing the catching for Lynn, walking twice.
- FSC's Isiah Cullum had five RBI on the day, providing two two-run doubles and a solo shot.
- Mocs' starter Cooper Bradford (1-2) earned his first win of the season, throwing 119 pitches over 8.0 innings, scattering just five hits and two earned runs while fanning nine Fighting Knights.
- Samuel Beck (1-1) took the loss for the Blue and White despite a solid pitching performance, going 4.1 innings, giving up eight hits and three earned runs.
- Alec Hernandez pitched the final 3.0 innings in relief for Lynn and didn't surrender an earned run.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Beltran is now the 12th Fighting Knight to hit a home run this season.
- Lynn's five hits match a season-low, tying its five knocks at Saint Leo on Feb. 23 and home vs. Rollins on March 3.
- The series is now tied at 1-1 between Florida Southern and Lynn.
- Looking ahead to tomorrow, the Blue and White are undefeated in home game three's in SSC play this season.
Tied at 1-1, Lynn looks to clinch the series over Florida Southern tomorrow, Sunday, March 23, at 1 p.m. in Boca Raton.