Daytona Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team fell short in its Sunshine State Conference (SSC) series opener on Friday night, suffering a 5-3 setback to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Tom Archer knocked out two hits and scored two runs to contribute to the Fighting Knight attack.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Finals: ERAU 5, Lynn 3
Records: Embry-Riddle (23-15, 12-7 SSC), Lynn (16-24, 6-19 SSC)
Location: Sliwa Stadium | Daytona Beach, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 12-2
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Archer went 2-for-4, scoring in the fifth and the seventh.
- Shayne Fontana collected three hits in the leadoff spot and drove in two, finishing the day 3-for-4.
- Anthony Sanabria hit an RBI double in the seventh to account for the other Blue and White run.
- Embry-Riddle built its lead scoring runs in the first, second and third innings. The Eagles then tacked on two more in the bottom of the sixth to take a 5-1 advantage.
- Lynn, trailing 5-1, mounted a comeback, scoring twice in the seventh to pull within two runs, but was blanked in its final two at-bats.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Fontana has now reached base safely in 21 straight games. Additionally, this is Fontana's seventh-straight multi-hit game and 17th of the season.
- This is now the second-straight multi-hit game for Archer.
- The Blue and White have now dropped eight in-a-row and 16 of their last 18 games.
Lynn and ERAU conclude their series with a doubleheader beginning at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 20.