Augusta, Ga. – Lynn University's baseball team completed a three-game sweep of host-Augusta on Sunday, downing the Jaguars 6-3 in a non-conference afternoon tilt. Ben Fagan hit his first homer of the season, a two-run shot in the second, to lead the Blue and White offense.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Finals: Lynn 6, Augusta 3
Records: Lynn (19-26), Augusta (18-31)
Location: Jaguar Field | Augusta, Ga.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 5-1
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Fagan made his only hit of the day count, launching a deep fly which scored Tom Archer in the top of the second inning.
- Archer knocked out three hits, including a triple, going 3-for-4 with two runs scored and a walk.
- Luis Beltran was 2-for-3 with a double.
- Joe Argumedo posted a 1-for-3 effort at the dish, knocking in two runs.
- Alec Ojeda added a double for the Blue and White, his ninth of the season.
- Zack Miednik (2-4) earned his second win of the season, going 5.0 innings and giving up just two hits and one earned run. Samuel Beck came on to finish out the final 4.0 innings, notching his first save.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Archer now has multiple hits in five of his last seven games. Prior to this stretch, he had five multiple hit games in his first 38 contests.
- Lynn finishes off its second three-game sweep of the season on Sunday and its first since a three-game sweep of Tuskegee, February 8-9.
- The Blue and White will secure the program's 20th 20-win season if they can secure one win in their final three contests.
The Fighting Knights will a put a bow on their 2019 campaign with a three-game Sunshine State Conference (SSC) series next weekend, hosting Palm Beach Atlantic May 3-5.