Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball's 2019 senior class shined bright in its final Sunshine State Conference (SSC) series, splitting the day's results with visiting-Palm Beach Atlantic, 6-4 and 5-3, respectively. Alejandro Martinez launched two homers and had five RBI in game one while Victor Danza delivered a gutty performance on the mound in game two, throwing a complete game in his final collegiate appearance.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Finals: Lynn 6, PBA 4, PBA 5, Lynn 3
Records: Lynn (20-27, 7-22 SSC), PBA (23-25, 13-16 SSC)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 41-30
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Martinez picked up right where he left off after yesterday's game was halted due to rain, launching his second long ball of the game in the fifth inning. He finished the two games with four combined hits and seven RBI to lead the Lynn attack.
- Danza dazzled in his first career start on his way to a complete game, pitching 9.0 innings and surrendering just five runs, four earned, while striking out eight.
- Joe Argumedo knocked out three combined hits, driving in a run in the opener.
- Alec Ojeda tripled and also collected three total hits, walking twice in Lynn's victory.
- Michael Buckley went 2-for-3 with two runs scored in game two, finishing the day 3-for-4 with a double.
- Shayne Fontana provided a reliable bat at the top of lineup, reaching base in both games and going 3-for-4 in the second contest.
- Nicholis Prather (4-7) earned the win for the Fighting Knights in game one, going 5.0 strong innings and striking out seven, giving up just one run before yesterday's game was stopped.
- Seniors Anthony Franco and Ryan Orender went 2.0 innings a piece to finish off the win for Prather.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Martinez extends his team-lead for homers with his ninth and tenth of the season, third-most in the SSC.
- The win for Lynn is its first in SSC play since March 30, a 14-inning triumph at No. 2 Tampa.
- Lynn honored its 10 seniors pregame to celebrate their careers in the Blue and White.
Lynn concludes its 2019 campaign tomorrow, Sunday, May 5, for the rubber-match of its three-game set with PBA at 11 a.m. in Boca Raton.