BOCA RATON, Fla. – Junior-transfer Ryan Peterson came off the bench and unloaded 22 points for the second time in as many games so far this year, but Lynn University's men's basketball team was never able to catch up with visiting Rollins College on Saturday as the Tars picked up an 82-76 Sunshine State Conference victory over the Fighting Knights.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Rollins 82, Lynn 76
Records: Rollins (2-2, 2-0 SSC), Lynn (0-2, 0-2 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Rollins leads 29-15
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Peterson recorded 16 of his team-high 22 points in the second half, finishing the night 7-for-12 from the field with four rebounds, two assists and two steals.
- In a team-high 29 minutes, Jamal Palmer added 17 points, four assists two boards and a block.
- Rasheed Worrell dominated the glass with a game-high 12 rebounds, including eight on the offensive end.
- Randy Bell led the team in assists for the second straight game with another five helpers. He rounded out Lynn's trio of double-digit scorers with 12 points.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Michael Baez made his first career start in the Blue and White.
- Lynn's last lead of the game ended 4:20 into the first half.
- The Fighting Knights now hit the road for nine straight games, finally returning to the de Hoernle Center on Jan. 3.
- Lynn has not started a season 0-2 since 2010-11.
- Rollins was ranked nationally during the preseason.
- The Tars have won six of their last seven trips to Boca Raton.
Lynn heads south to the Barry Classic for a pair of tough, out-of-region contests next week after Thanksgiving. The Fighting Knights will first take on Grand Valley St. on Friday, Nov. 24 at 12 p.m.