Winter Park, Fla. – Lynn University's men's basketball team went on the road for the first time this season, verifying it's home streak was no joke as the Fighting Knights improve to 6-0 on the season with a 90-80 Sunshine State Conference victory at Rollins College on Saturday afternoon. Lynn broke a school record with 17 made 3-pointers as a team.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 90, Rollins 80
Records: Lynn (6-0, 2-0), Rollins (5-2, 0-2)
Location: Warden Arena | Winter Park, Fla.
Series History: Rollins leads 30-16
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Darius Moore was on fire from long range, dropping in 6-of-9 attempts from beyond the arc for a season-high 22 points off the bench. He tacked on three rebounds, three assists and a steal.
- Brandon Bornelus led all Fighting Knights with a game-high-tying 24 points, matching Moore's long-range effort with six triples. The point guard led all players on the floor in both rebounds (8) and assists (6).
- Michael Baez was also dialed in from downtown, going 3-of-6 from 3-point land for 14 points. He added five boards and two assists.
- Darius James utilized a strong effort at the charity stripe (6-of-7) for a season-high 12 points off the bench. He also hauled in four boards.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn went 17-of-33 (51.5%) from long range, breaking the school record for 3-pointers made in a game. The Fighting Knights tallied 16 on two occasions during the 2016-17 season.
- The Fighting Knights shared the ball well, tallying 24 assists on 29 field goals. It is the team's most assists in a game since Lynn recorded 26 on Dec. 16, 2016.
- Rollins' only two losses so far this season have been in conference play.
- Lynn is 6-0 to start the season for the first time since the 2014-15 campaign.
- Baez, Bornelus and Moore accounted for 15 of Lynn's 17 3-pointers in the game. The Fighting Knights shot a season-best 51.5 percent from beyond the arc as a team.
- Bornelus' eight boards are a career high for the sophomore point guard.
- Lynn won a regular-season away game at Rollins for the first time since 2014-15.
The Fighting Knights return home and host Johnson & Wales on Tuesday, Dec. 11 at 7 p.m.