Melbourne, Fla. – For the third time in the past four games, Lynn University's 12th-ranked men's basketball team grinded out an overtime win as the Fighting Knights went on the road Saturday and took down Florida Tech in Sunshine State Conference play, 76-71.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 76, Florida Tech 71 (OT)
Records: #12 Lynn (21-4, 14-4), FIT (8-18, 2-16 SSC)
Location: Clemente Center | Melbourne, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 36-21
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Jamal Palmer led all scorers in the game, dropping in 25 points on 4-of-9 three-point shooting. He was one of three Fighting Knights with a team-high six rebounds while recording three of Lynn's four blocks in the game.
- Ryan Peterson was clutch in his 18 minutes off the bench, going for a season-high 17 points behind a 5-for-7 effort from downtown. He also hauled in five boards.
- Michael Baez went 6-of-6 at the charity stripe in his 16-point effort. He tacked on five rebounds and three assists.
- Darius Moore struggled from the field but added 10 points while leading his squad in assists (4).
- FIT's Nieja Jordan racked up 21 points off the bench on 9-of-11 shooting with 12 rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Three of Lynn's last four games have gone to overtime. The squad has won all three and is 3-1 in overtime games this season.
- In the month of February, over a span of six games, tonight's five-point final-score margin was the largest amount. Lynn's past six games have been decided by an average of 2.8 points, with five of the six games coming as victories.
- All five of Lynn's starters had at least five rebounds, but none of them had more than six.
- Peterson accounted for all 17 of Lynn's bench points.
- With a 2-12 league mark, the Panthers are currently in last place in the SSC standings.
The Fighting Knights will head to Barry for their last away game of the regular season, battling the Bucs at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 27.