Greensburg, Pa. – Lynn University's 16th-ranked lacrosse team showcased tremendous fight and perseverance on Saturday, falling behind 10-3 in the first half before embarking on a gritty second-half comeback to send the game into overtime. The 11th-ranked Seton Hill University Griffins put away the decider in the extra period however, handing the Fighting Knights a heartbreaking 13-12 defeat. Nick Howard led the way offensively with a hat trick, including the game-tying goal with 36 seconds left in the fourth quarter.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Seton Hill 13, Lynn 12 (OT)
Records: #11 Seton Hill (3-2), #16 Lynn (3-3)
Location: Dick's Sporting Goods Field | Greensburg, Pa.
All-time Series: Seton Hill leads 1-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- Howard, a sophomore, had arguably his best game in a blue and white uniform, recording his first career hat trick on Saturday and added an assist for a four-point outing. Seven of his nine shot attempts hit the frame.
- Mikey Urso had a five-point game, burying a third-quarter goal while recording four of the team's five assists on the day.
- Stephen Polsinelli, Austin Jerhoff and Johnny Gavin each notched a pair of goals while Brian Kiel and Dryden Brous both tallied one. It was the first career goal for Brous.
- Brous logged a game-high seven groundballs, a career-high. He also matched his personal-best with 11 faceoff wins. Brous and Christopher Lasprogata combined to help Lynn win the faceoff battle over the Griffins, 18-11.
- Mitchell Goode took over at goalie for the first time since the season opener with Lynn down 9-3 right before the half, finishing with a career-high six stops and a groundball. Seton Hill's keeper made 18 saves on the day.
- Angelo Beacon-Paglia posted two caused turnovers for the second time this season.
- Lynn held advantages over Seton Hill in shots, faceoffs, turnovers, groundballs and man-up goals.
- Urso's four assists marks a single-game career-high. He has recorded three or more assists in three of the six games this season.
- Half of Lynn's games this season have been against opponents ranked inside the top-11 nationally with the team going 1-2 in those games.
- Lynn has won the faceoff battle in all six games this season.
- It was the first-ever meeting between the two teams.
- Lynn is ranked No. 16 in this week's USILA Coaches Poll and No. 15 by US Lacrosse.
- Historically, Lynn is 0-3 in overtime games.
Lynn will remain up north, heading west over to Ohio to cap off the road trip at Walsh University on Monday, March 20 for a 4 p.m. contest.