BOCA RATON, Fla. – Despite dominating the game statistically, Lynn University's 19th-ranked men's soccer team fell 1-0 to Nova Southeastern on senior day. The Fighting Knights honored their nine seniors in a pre-match ceremony.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Nova Southeastern 1, Lynn 0
Records: Nova Southeastern (7-7-0, 4-5-0 SSC); Lynn (9-3-1, 5-3-1 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time series: Lynn leads 31-6-4 all-time (last met in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Lynn held sizeable advantages in both shots (9-3) and corner kicks (7-3).
- The Sharks only shot on goal came at 83:26 off a header from Stefan Faistenauer into the top left corner of the net.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn honored its nine seniors prior to the start of the match: Jonny DeMoya, Pedro Hurtado, Christoph Maug, Sebastian Radakovics, Alexander Roth, Connor Talbot, Richie Wagenhofer, Jack Watson and Alun Webb.
- This was just the second shutout against Lynn this season.
- Lynn is winless in its last three matches (0-2-1).
- This is the first loss to Nova Southeastern since 2013 and first home loss to the Sharks in program history.
- Two of Lynn's three losses have come by goals against in the final 15 minutes of play.
The Fighting Knights close out the regular season at Florida Southern on Saturday, Oct. 28, at 7 pm. This is a make-up game from Hurricane Irma. Fans can watch the match at LynnFightingKnights.com.