Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. – Lynn University's softball team and Nova Southeastern combined for 19 runs on 21 hits but the Fighting Knights fell 11-8 to the Sharks in the series opener between the two teams. Erin Sundook logged three hits and scored twice for Lynn.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Nova Southeastern 11, Lynn 8
Records: Nova Southeastern (25-24, 13-9 SSC); Lynn (26-20, 12-10 SSC)
Location: AD Griffin Stadium | Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 25-43-1 all-time (last met in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Sundook (3-for-4) and Mackenzie Wyatt (2-for-4) recorded multiple hits.
- Francais Olexa (1-for-4) and Elizabeth Diaz (1-for-2) drove in two runs apiece.
- Olexa (13-12) had trouble in the circle, surrendering six runs on seven hits over 2.1 innings of work.
- Rachel Lightner threw 3.2 innings of relief, allowing five runs, four earned, on four hits with four strikeouts.
- Nova Southeastern out hit Lynn 11-10.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Sara Vazquez swiped her 31st career stolen base, moving her into a tie for second place all-time at Lynn.
- Sundook has hit safely in four straight games, with three being multi-hit outings.
- Wyatt has here consecutive multi-hit games (7-for-11).
The Fighting Knights close out the regular season with a 1 p.m. doubleheader against the Sharks. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.