Miami Shores, Fla. – Trailing by five runs with three innings to go in game two, Lynn University's softball team rallied back to take both games of its doubleheader with Barry, winning the opener 7-6 and rallying for another 7-6 victory in the second contest. Francais Olexa was an impressive 6-for-6 with three runs and three RBIs while Allyson Jameston notched a save and win in the circle.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Game 1 – Lynn 7, Barry 6; Game 2 – Lynn 7, Barry 6
Records: Lynn (12-6, 4-2 SSC); Barry (4-12, 1-5 SSC)
Location: Buccaneer Field | Miami Shores, Fla.
All-time Series: Barry leads the series, 50-19
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Game 1
- Lynn scored runs in four of the seven innings, as the game saw two lead changes and two ties until the Blue and White gained control for good in the sixth. The team withstood a late charge by the Bucs but held on for the 'W.'
- Olexa was 2-for-2 with a RBI single in the fourth to put Lynn ahead 3-2.
- Victoria Rios was 2-for-4 with two runs batted in while Erin Sundook went 2-for-3 with two RBIs and two runs.
- Elizabeth Diaz, Karolina Flores, Kayla Sheffield and Mackenzie Wyatt each logged base hits.
- Olivia Saviskas (2-1) earned the win in the circle, allowing five runs on six hits with one strikeout.
- Jameston came on in relief to collect her first career save, allowing one unearned run with one walk and one strikeout.
- Game 2
- Lynn trailed 6-1 after two innings but scored one run in the fifth and sixth and four in the seventh to escape with the win.
- Olexa was 4-for-4 with two RBI and two runs.
- Rios lifted her first home run of the year in the comeback seventh.
- Mackenzie Wyatt had two crucial RBIs while going 2-for-4.
- Kayla Sheffield also had two hits and two runs scored.
- Sheffield went three innings in the circle but was forced out in the fourth. She gave up six runs, one earned, with five hits allowed.
- Jameston (4-1) tossed four scoreless frames to team-tying fourth victory.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Olexa and Rios extended their streak of reaching base safely to 18 and 13 consecutive games
- Elizabeth Diaz extended her hitting streak to seven games, one off tying the season-high.
- Olexa batted .600 in the series while Rios hit .364 with five runs batted in.
- Jameston was the only pitcher to not allow an earned run in the series versus the Buccaneers.
- Olexa's four hits in game two are a career-high for a single game.
- This is the second consecutive year Lynn has won its first two SSC series of the season.
The Fighting Knights return to the field on Friday, Mar. 2, when they host Florida Southern in a three-game series at the Lynn Softball Field. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.