BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University women's basketball team was unable to build upon a three-point advantage after halftime as Rollins took the first lead of the game at the 4:18 mark of the third quarter and didn't look back as they took a 61-50 victory on Saturday afternoon to sweep the season series. For the fifth game in a row, Paola Vazquez led the Fighting Knights in scoring with 18.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Rollins 61, Lynn 50
Records: Rollins (17-6, 11-4 SSC), Lynn (10-12, 4-10 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports & Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Rollins leads 38-6
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Vazquez once again was the top scorer for the Blue and White putting up 18 points along with four rebounds, four steals, two assists and a block.
- Shaunt'e Tucker flirted with a double-double as she contributed nine points, 11 rebounds and three steals.
- Oledzka had another well-rounded game with eight points, five boards and three blocks.
- Off the bench, Jaylen Snipes scored eight points, including a buzzer beater from three-point land to end the first half. The Opelika, Ala. native also had a team-best four assists.
- Lynn's six free-throw attempts is the second lowest of the season. The season low came in the previous contest when the team was on the road at Saint Leo.
- Both teams had the same number of turnovers (19) and were equal in fastbreak points (8).
- Tucker's 11 rebounds were a game-high.