Tampa, Fla. – A 6-of-6 performance from long range in the second quarter created separation before halftime for the home Tampa Spartans on Saturday as the Lynn University's women's basketball team fell in the last game of the regular season, 63-41. Freshman Janay Williams came off the bench to lead the Blue and White with a near double-double.
- In just 20 minutes of action, Williams logged team-highs in both points (8) and rebounds (9).
- Shaunt'e Tucker produced six points on 3-of-4 shooting with four boards and three assists.
- Paola Vazquez Concepcion followed up with seven points with Brekia Henderson chipping in six points, three rebounds and two helpers.
- Marta Oledzka and Mahogany Hall each recorded six-rebound, four-point outings.
- The Spartans finished an impressive 12-of-15 from beyond the arc as a team, outmatching Lynn in three-pointers, 12-2.
- The Spartans knocked down 12 three-pointers in both matchups against Lynn this season. Their 42.9 three-point shooting percentage on the season is the best in the SSC.
- Lynn more than doubled its regular-season win total in 2016-17 from a year ago.
- Vazquez Concepcion scored in double figures in 20 of the first 23 games this season, but has been limited to single digits in three straight.
- Lynn ends the conference slate in a three-way tie for seventh place with Saint Leo and Palm Beach Atlantic. Saint Leo holds the tiebreaker over Lynn, but Lynn has the tiebreaker over PBA, giving Lynn the No. 8 seed in the SSC Tournament.