BOCA RATON, Fla. – Despite being tied after one quarter of action on Sunday afternoon, the Lynn women's basketball pulled away from Coastal Georgia over the final three periods of play for a decisive 74-50 win at the de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center in the Lynn Women's Basketball Holiday Classic. Paola Vazquez Concepcion poured in 27 points to lead all scorers, while Jaylen Snipes and Mariah Penascino also reached double-digit point totals.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 74, Coastal Georgia 50
Records: Lynn 3-7, Coastal Georgia 9-4
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Florida
All-Time Series: First meeting
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Vazquez Concepcion led Lynn in scoring for the seventh time this season and for the sixth consecutive game, shooting an efficient 11-for-16 from the floor. It is also the sixth straight game in which she has totaled 12 points or more, and the third time on the season in which she has scored 27 or more points.
- Penascino came within reach of a triple-double on the day, racking up 10 points, nine rebounds and seven assists in 32 minutes. She led the Fighting Knights in both rebounds and assists.
- Snipes had her eighth game this season with double-digit points, totaling 12 points on 4-of-8 shooting in 30 minutes.
- Juju Uloma was a force on the boards for the Blue and White, as the rookie grabbed seven rebounds in just 19 minutes off the bench. She also made both of her shot attempts for four points.
- The Fighting Knights shot 48.3 percent from the floor, their second highest total on the season.
- Lynn held an edge on the glass, 42-39, while the turnover battle was tight with Lynn giving it away 13 times to Coastal Georgia's 12.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The Blue and White's eight made three-pointers tied a season high set on the team's opening weekend at North Alabama.
- With Vazquez Concepcion shooting 5-of-9 from deep, Lynn improved its all-time record to 18-13 when a Fighting Knight makes 5-plus threes in a game.
- The 24-point win is Lynn's second-largest margin of victory this season, as the Fighting Knights downed Keiser by 32 points in November.
- Lynn improves to 3-2 at home this season and 3-0 against its NAIA foes.
The Fighting Knights close out the Holiday Classic with a 2 p.m. battle with Shaw University on Monday afternoon.