Miami Shores, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team turned up the pressure in the fourth quarter on Wednesday night, making a push against Barry University but it was too little too late as the Bucs held on in a physical battle for a 66-56 Sunshine State Conference win.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Barry 66, Lynn 56
Records: Barry (13-5, 6-4 SSC), Lynn (7-10, 3-7 SSC)
Location: Health and Sports Center | Miami Shores, Fla.
All-Time Series: Barry leads 30-21
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Paola Vazquez Concepcion started to find her stroke in the second half, finishing with a team-high 15 points. She also swiped a team-high three steals and co-led the squad in rebounding with five.
- Jaylen Snipes was the only other Fighting Knight to reach double figures with 10 points while facilitating six of the team's eight assists in the game. She also brought down five rebounds, including four in the first quarter.
- Christina Potts provided eight points off the bench on 3-of-4 shooting and knocked down both of her three-point attempts.
- Sydney Fields corralled five rebounds, including three on the offensive glass.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn outscored the Bucs in the fourth quarter, 17-9, but the deficit was too large as the Bucs put up 23 in the third frame.
- Seven of Barry's eight made three-pointers came in the second and third quarters.
- Lynn has lost back-to-back games for the first time since early December.
- The Fighting Knights attempted just six foul shots for the second consecutive game.
- Snipes increases her streak of scoring in double digits to five games.
After a two-game stretch on the road, the Blue and White return to Boca Raton this weekend when Tampa comes to town on Saturday, Jan. 20 for a 2 p.m. contest.