Winter Park, Fla. – The Lynn University women's basketball team had a two-game winning streak snapped on Saturday afternoon at the hands of the Rollins Tars in Sunshine State Conference action, 72-65. A seven-point halftime deficit was too much for the Fighting Knights to overcome, despite Paola Vazquez Concepcion's game-high 24 points.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Rollins 72, Lynn 65
Records: Lynn 9-11 (5-8 SSC), Rollins 11-8 (6-7 SSC)
Location: Warden Arena | Winter Park, Fla.
All-Time Series: Rollins leads, 40-6 (Rollins swept the season series)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Vazquez Concepcion continued to roll offensively, scoring a team-high point total for the fourth game in a row and for the 12th time this season. She shot 8-for-14 from the floor while pulling in five rebounds in the loss.
- Jaylen Snipes chipped in with 10 points, three rebounds and three assists to reach the double-digit point mark for the eighth straight game.
- Juju Uloma came off the bench to score nine points and grab a team-high nine boards in 20 minutes of action.
- Rollins shot an impressive 48.4 percent as a team, while Lynn managed a 37.3 percent clip from the floor. The Tars also drained eight threes to Lynn's six, and won the rebounding battle 38-37.
- The difference in the score came largely on second-chance points, as Rollins held a 14-6 margin on second-chance scoring.
- The Lynn bench outscored the Tars' bench 30-17 in the contest, and Lynn committed just seven turnovers in the game—its lowest total of the season.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The Fighting Knights opened the game red-hot from deep, making each of their first five three pointers in the contest. All 15 of Lynn's first-quarter points came on triples.
- The loss drops Lynn to 2-9 in games played away from the de Hoernle Center this season.
- Rollins has dominated the head-to-head matchups between the two teams in recent history, winning 10 straight matchups between the two teams.
The Fighting Knights return home on Wednesday night for a 5:30 tip against Florida Tech at the de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center.