BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University women's basketball team led through three quarters of play on Saturday afternoon, but faltered in the fourth quarter as Eckerd came back to knock off the Fighting Knights, 72-57, in a Sunshine State Conference battle. Paola Vazquez Concepcion led Lynn with 16 points and eight rebounds, while Jaylen Snipes totaled 15 points and four assists.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Eckerd 72, Lynn 57
Records: Lynn (10-12, 6-9 SSC), Eckerd (16-6, 10-5 SSC)
Location: McArthur Center | St. Petersburg, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads, 25-19 (Teams split season series)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Vazquez Concepcion and Snipes each played 38 minutes in the game, accounting for more than half of Lynn's point total.
- Christina Potts chipped in a career-high 15 points off the bench in just 17 minutes of action, shooting a team-best 6-of-7 from the field and 3-for-3 from downtown.
- Lynn shot 41.7 percent as a team, including a 55.6 percent mark from three-point range; Eckerd totaled 45.2 percent as a team and hit on 33.3 percent of its threes.
- The Fighting Knights had 24 turnovers in the game, while Eckerd turned it over just 10 times. 10 of Lynn's turnovers came in the final quarter as the Tritons picked up the pressure en route to a 26-6 scoring differential in the final 10 minutes.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- The loss is Lynn's largest in nearly a month, as the team had gone 4-3 since falling by 23 points to Florida Southern on January 6.
- The Fighting Knights have allowed exactly 72 points in each of their last two losses.
- Lynn and Eckerd split the season series for the first time since the 2015-16 season.
The Blue and White return home on Wednesday night for an SSC battle with Palm Beach Atlantic. Tip-off is slated for 5:30 p.m.