Boca Raton, Fla. – Sarah Baer racked up 16 points and 16 rebounds, but it wasn't enough to get the Lynn University women's basketball team past a tough Benedict College squad on Saturday, falling 81-66 at home.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Benedict 81, Lynn 66
Records: Benedict (2-0), Lynn (1-1)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 4-2 (last meeting, 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Baer made her presence felt on the inside with her 16-16 performance, of which eight of her rebounds came on the offensive end.
- Uloma Enyogasi had a solid outing with 14 points, knocking down one three-pointer and make 3-of-3 attempts from the line.
- Sydney Fields was the final Fighting Knight in double-figures, pouring in 11 points, adding four rebounds.
- Dani Lozzi facilitated the offense with a team-high seven assists, adding four steals on defense.
- Benedict's Wykira Johnson-Kelly scored a game-high 29 points.
- The Tigers knocked down 11 triples compared to Lynn's four.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- While the game was played in Lynn's gym, the Blue and White were technically the visiting team.
- Benedict outscored Lynn 25-9 in the opening quarter, a 16-point margin, and won the game by 15 points.
Lynn will regroup before welcoming Valdosta State to Boca Raton on Friday, Nov. 15 for a 3 p.m. tilt, which will be the opening game of the Adidas Challenge.