Boca Raton, Fla. – Kevyn McKae scored a team-high 17 points, but Lynn University's women's basketball team was unable pull out a victory against Valdosta State University on Friday afternoon, falling 73-62.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: VSU 73, Lynn 62
Records: VSU (3-0), Lynn (1-2)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 5-2 (last meeting, 2018)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- McKae showed her marksmanship from long range, going 5-for-8 from distance in 27:48 of game action.
- Dani Lozzi also scored in double-figures, racking up 11 points and 10 rebounds for her first double-double of the season.
- Newcomers Taylor Jones and Trinity Edwards each chipped in eight points off the bench.
- VSU guards Kayla Bonilla and Cheray Saunders scored a combined 55 of VSU's 73 points.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn trailed by just two as the half, but was outscored by 13 in the final 10 minutes.
- Valdosta had 27 turnovers compared to just 17 for Lynn, but led 25-13 on fast break points.
- The Blue and White scored 12 unanswered to start the game, but the Blazers made a furious comeback, ripping off 10 straight points of their own.
Lynn has a quick turnaround, taking on Puerto Rico-Bayamon on Monday, Nov. 18 at 5:30 p.m.