Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team defeated 10th-ranked Alaska-Anchorage at home on Wednesday afternoon, winning 53-52.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 53, UAA 52
Records: UAA (5-1), Lynn (3-5)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 4-0 (last meeting, 2001)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Uloma Enyogasi, who scored a team-high 16 points, made a turnaround jump shot with 4.5 seconds remaining to put the Blue and White ahead 53-52. The Seawolves advanced the ball with a timeout, but missed a layup as time expired for secure the win for the Fighting Knights.
- Taylor Jones scored 14 points and added seven rebounds on 5-of-9 shooting.
- Sarah Baer joined Jones and Enyogasi in double-figures with 10 points and seven rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn last defeated a nationally-ranked opponent on Nov. 20, 2018, downing No. 22 Valdosta State 65-63.
- The loss for UAA is just its second to a non-conference Division II opponent in its last 55 games.
- Baer now has five double-digit outings and three double-doubles in her first seven games at Lynn.
- Enyogasi added a team-high ten rebounds for her first double-double of the season.
Lynn will hit the heart of its Sunshine State Conference slate beginning Wednesday, Dec. 4 with a home tilt versus Barry at 5:30 p.m.