Miami Shores, Fla. – Lynn women's soccer team fell 3-0 to ninth-ranked Barry on Wednesday night. The Fighting Knights goalkeeping tandem of Gabriela Lopez and Kiara Burga combined for eight saves in the match.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: #9 Barry 3, Lynn 0
Records: Barry (11-0-1, 6-0-0 SSC), Lynn (3-8-1, 1-5-1 SSC)
Location: Buccaneer Field | Miami Shores, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 26-14-2 (Lost 2-0 in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Molly Sharpe and Ellen Cederin both found the back of the net for Barry. Cederin logged two goals in the match, one in each half.
- Morgan Meltzer was the lone Fighting Knight with a shot on goal. Tara Harris was the other member of the squad with a shot.
- Lopez and Burga both saved four shots in the match for the Blue and White. Lynn also recorded a team save.
- Barry took six corner kicks compared to Lynn's one opportunity.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Gabriela Moreira celebrated her 21st birthday in her eighth straight start.
- This is the first time all year the Blue and White have saved nine or more shots in back-to-back matches.
- The 3-0 loss ties the largest margin of victory for an opponent over the Fighting Knights this season.
- Two shots for Lynn is the lowest in a match this season.
- Barry's 21 shots ties a season-high.
The Fighting Knights are back in action on Saturday, Oct. 13, at 6 p.m. when the team heads back to Boca to host Tampa at Bobby Campbell Stadium. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.