Boca Raton Fla. – Lynn University's women's soccer team battled to a scoreless first half against No. 22 Flagler College, but fell via three second half goals, 3-0, on Saturday night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Flagler 3, Lynn 0
Records: Lynn (1-2), Flagler (2-0)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 3-2-2 (last meeting, 2013)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- After playing to a first-half draw, Lynn committed two fouls in the box within a two-minute span of which the Saints converted on both penalties to take a 2-0 lead in the 48th minute.
- Flagler scored its last tally in the final five minutes with the Blue and White pushing numbers forward to try and get on the scoreboard.
- Devan Malcolm faced 21 shots from FC, making 18 saves between the pipes.
- Anniina Sankoh led Lynn with five total shots, two of which were on target.
- The Fighting Knights totaled 11 shots, eight in the second half, but were outshot by the Saints 33-11.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Malcolm's 18 saves are the second-most in program history, just one behind Joyce Parson-Roth's 19 vs. Berry College on Nov. 26, 1993.
- Four of Lynn's seven goals surrendered in 2019 have come on penalty kicks.
- The Blue and White fall to 0-2 at home.
The Fighting Knights have a quick turnaround with their next tilt on Monday, Sept. 16 at home, taking on Florida Memorial.