BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's women's soccer team powered its way to a historic 18-0 victory over Florida Memorial on Monday evening.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Lynn 18, FMU 0
Records: Lynn (2-2), Fla. Memorial (0-4)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 2-0 (last meeting, 2009)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Lynn wasted little time in getting on the board, opening the scoring with a Johanna Nilsson goal in the second minute.
- The Blue and White totaled 10 first-half goals, getting five from Anniina Sankoh, who totaled a school-record 14 points (6G, 2A) on the evening.
- Nilsson and Tara Harris both racked up hat-tricks in the match.
- Ariella Kaplan also slotted in her first goal of the season, adding two assists.
- Freshman Mackenzie Butler scored twice within two minutes to record the first two goals of her collegiate career.
- Nicole Newton and Olivia Connor also netted their first career goals in the final 15 minutes.
- Crystal Ayn Hagberg led the facilitating effort with a team-high three assists while Brooke Morris added two helpers of her own.
- Harris, Bailey Brasse, Anna Shawley, Sophia Hontzas and Alexandra Cardona each chipped in one assist.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- 18 goals are the most in program history, eclipsing Lynn's previous mark of 12 goals set vs. Quinnipiac during the 1993 season.
- Lynn's 14 assists are the most in school history.
- The Blue and White's 35 shots are tied for eighth-most.
- Sankoh's six goals are also a school-record, surpassing Cindy Marcial's five goals scored on September 21, 1993.
- Hagberg's three assists are tied for second-most in a game in school history.
- The win is first home win of the season for the Fighting Knights and also the first home win of interim head coach Alex Greco's career.
The Fighting Knights have a quick turnaround with their next tilt tomorrow, Tuesday, Sept. 17 at home, taking on Johnson and Wales.