Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's women's soccer team battled hard in its Sunshine State Conference (SSC) lid-lifter, clawing its way to a 1-1 tie with Eckerd College on Saturday night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Lynn 1, Eckerd 1
Records: Lynn (3-2-1, 0-0-1 SSC), EC (4-0-1, 0-0-1 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 15-6-3
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Both sides were held scoreless in the first half, but Eckerd got on the board first in the 50th minute on a free kick goal from Kaliya Eutsey.
- Anniina Sankoh equalized for Lynn in the 72nd, taking a long ball from defender Bailey Brasse and lobbing it over the Eckerd keeper to knot the score at 1-all.
- Kiara Burga played outstanding between the pipes, stopping eight shots in 110:00.
- Eckerd held a small advantage with 19 shots compared to Lynn's 17.
- The Blue and White held 54 percent possession while Eckerd had 46 percent.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Sankoh has now scored in three straight games for the Blue and White and in four of Lynn's six contests this season. She completes a stretch of 10 goals in a calendar week, which spanned the Fighting Knights three tilts.
- There were seven total cards in the match, all yellow.
- Lynn gets its first points against Eckerd since 2017, a 2-1 home win on September 30.
- Burga's eight saves are a career-high for the sophomore.
The Fighting Knights now prepare for their first Sunshine State Conference road test, traveling to Fort Lauderdale for a matchup with Nova Southeastern on Wednesday, Sept. 25.