BOCA RATON, Fla. – The sixth-seeded Lynn University's women's soccer team fought hard, but fell to third-seeded Nova Southeastern on Monday night 1-0 on the road in the Sunshine State Conference Quarterfinals.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: NSU 1, Lynn 0
Records: NSU (14-2-2), Lynn (7-8-3)
Location: NSU Soccer Complex | Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 12-17-1
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Lynn and NSU played to a scoreless first half, but a Shark goal three and a half minutes into the second half put NSU ahead for good.
- Anniina Sankoh managed the Fighting Knights lone shot on target.
- NSU's offensive firepower produced 19 shots.
- Devan Malcolm made 10 stops in net, playing a full 90:00.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The program's qualification for the conference tournament was its first since 2012.
- The Blue and White improved on their earlier season result, a 4-0 loss to Nova on Sept. 25, 2019.
- Sankoh's 19 goals are the most for the Blue and White program since Melissa Ortiz netted 17 in 2008.