FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Despite the best efforts from Mother Nature, Lynn women's swimming battled the raindrops and the five other opponents at the Nova Southeastern Shark Invite. Their efforts were highlighted by the second-place finish by the 400-yard medley relay team of Karolina Smylek, Samantha Beck, Clara Monges and Ewa Osiniak they posted a time of 3:54.85. As a team, the Fighting Knights finished with 240 points.
INSIDE THE MEET:
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn had two other teams in the 200 medley relay.
- In the 200 yard freestyle, Osiniak finished third with a time of 1:54.86.
- Beck finished top three in the 200 yard IM with a 2:11.55
- Savanna Suggs swam a 2:35.14.
- Swimming in her first post-high school meet, Smylek finished second in the 200 backstroke with a 2:06.08.
- Hawkins swam a 2:20.86.
- Keefe finished with a 2:31.01
- Five Lynn swimmers took to the pool in the 50 Freestyle led by Osiniak with a 24.87.
- Currao swam 25.85.
- Nichols was right behind with a 25.86.
- Followed shortly by Monges at 25.98.
- St. Juste swam a 26.82.
- Smylek continued her great night with a second-place finish in the 200 backstroke with a 2:06.08.
- Hawkins posted a 2:20.86.
- Keefe finished at 2:31.01.
- A pair of Fighting Knights finished in the top six of the 200 butterfly led by Khacha in fourth place at 2:11.38.
- Faremouth was sixth at 2:14.27.
- The 500 Freestyle was led by Osiniak in third with a 5:14.42.
- Bush finished with a 5:21.42.
- Hawkins swam 5:39.24.
- Sikes was right behind at 5:40.55.
- Another top-two finish was posted by Beck in the 200 Breaststroke with a 2:24.59.
- Khacha swam a 2:31.39.
- Foltz posted a 2:39.28.
- Suggs finished with a 2:47.38.
- Nichols, Currao, Monges and Osiniak swam a 1:41.66 in the 200 Freestyle Relay.
- Beck, Smylek, St Juste and Bush swam 1:44.37.
BEYOND THE SCORESHEET:
- Host NSU leads the way with 583 points. Lynn is 44 points behind Florida Tech for third.
The Fighting Knights return to the pool bright and early Saturday morning at 8:30 for the final day of the Shark Invite.