Boca Raton, Fla. – Karolina Smylek and Ewa Osiniak combined for seven event victories, including one relay win, in Lynn University women's swimming's first victory of the 2019-20 season as the Fighting Knights downed Rollins 146-116 on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Smylek contributed four event victories for the Fighting Knights, taking first in the 200-back (2:08.24), 100-back (58.18) and 100-fly (57.47) along with being on Lynn's first-place winning 'A' relay team in the 200-medley relay.
- Osiniak, also a member of the 200-medley 'A' relay team, dominated in the short freestyle distances, winning the 100-free (52.84) and 200-free (1:53.48). She also secured a victory in the 200-IM (2:07.66) to match Smylek with three individual event victories each.
- Samantha Beck also showed her prowess in the breaststroke events, cruising to first-place finishes in the both the 100 and 200-breastrokes with time of 1:06.40 and 2:25.17, respectively.
- Clara Monges joined Beck, Smylek and Osiniak in the 200-medley relay, outpacing their competition with a time of 1:49.01.
BEYOND THE HEAT SHEET:
- Osiniak pushes her individual event total wins to five overall after her three victories on Saturday.
- Lynn's women's swimming program has now won its last eight dual meets over Rollins dating back to Nov. 15, 2014.
Lynn hosts its third-straight home meet on Saturday, Oct. 9, welcoming Florida Tech to Boca Raton for an 11 a.m. start time.