BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's women's tennis team posted its fifth win of the season over a Top-20 team as the third-ranked Fighting Knights took down 16th-ranked University of Indianapolis in nonconference play on Wednesday, 8-1.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 8, Indianapolis 1
Records: #3 Lynn (11-0), #16 Indianapolis (6-2)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 2-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- Lynn had yet another strong showing in doubles play to build an early 3-0 lead.
- Rosalie Willig and Stefanie Stemmer notched a quality win at the top position, defeating the 11th-ranked tandem in the country, 8-3.
- Diana Bogolii and Grace Mpassy blanked UIndy at the second flight, 8-0, with Martina Gledacheva and Carolina Cuevas posting an 8-2 triumph at No. 3.
- Two quick straight-set wins in singles from Mpassy and Willig at the second and third flights, respectively, secured Lynn the overall victory.
- The Greyhounds then recorded their lone point of the day at the top spot in a battle of nationally-ranked singles players. No. 3 Hanna Volikova bested No. 12 Bogolii in three sets.
- Gledacheva, Stemmer and Cuevas all logged straight-set wins to round out the backend of the singles lineup.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The last and only time these two teams met was way back in 2003, also a Lynn victory.
- Lynn is 7-0 against nationally-ranked opponents this season and 5-0 against Top-20 teams.
The Fighting Knights wrap up their week of nonconference matches on Saturday, March 18 at 10 a.m. against St. Mary's (Texas).