BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's top-ranked women's tennis team bounced back on Sunday morning following a disappointing loss on Saturday and took care of business against a Top-10 squad. The Fighting Knights picked up the first five decisions of the morning en route to a 7-2 victory over No. 6 Flagler College.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, Flagler 2
Records: #1 Lynn (2-1), #6 Flagler (0-2)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 11-9
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- A strong performance in doubles play set the tone for the morning as the Fighting Knights jumped out to a 3-0 lead.
- Klaudia Boczova and Diana Bogolii rolled through their opponents yet again at the top flight, 8-0.
- The squads of Anastacia Parkin and Natalie Kallmunzerova at No. 2 along with Eleonora Liga and Federica Mordegan at No. 3 each followed up with 8-3 victories.
- Lynn's top two singles players wasted little time securing the victory. Boczova bounced 25th-ranked Lizanne Jinkertz at the top position, 6-1, 6-0, while 16th-ranked Bogolii won 6-1, 6-3 at No. 2.
- The Saints got on the board with a 6-4, 4-6, 10-6 triumph at No. 3 singles.
- Mordegan and Liga tacked on two more points for Lynn with dominant 6-0, 6-0 wins at the fourth and fifth flights, respectively.
- Flagler closed out the day with a 6-2, 6-2 decision at No. 6 singles.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn has played three matches in the past four days to open up the 2018 campaign.
- Following the first two matches, the Fighting Knights switched up the No. 2 and No. 3 doubles squads today.
Lynn will have one more home match to open up the season before hitting the road, hosting Keiser this Wednesday, Feb. 7 at 3 p.m.