BOCA RATON, Fla. – After not seeing the court in competition for over two weeks, Lynn University's women's tennis team did not appear to have accumulated the slightest bit of rust as the top-ranked Fighting Knights flew past the Hillsdale College Chargers in nonconference play on Monday afternoon, 9-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 9, Hillsdale 0
Records: #1 Lynn (6-1), Hillsdale (2-3)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: First-ever meeting
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn breezed through doubles play in under an hour, building a 3-0 lead.
- Klaudia Boczova and Diana Bogolii bounced back from a loss last time out and dominated at the top flight, 8-1, while Natalie Kallmunzerova and Eliska Petrackova posted an identical score at No. 2.
- Federica Mordegan and Anastacia Parkin rounded out the doubles sweep at No. 3, 8-3.
- Boczova and 15th-ranked Kallmunzerova carried their dominance into singles play with 6-0, 6-0 wins at the top two positions.
- Mordegan, Petrackova, Eleonora Liga and Parkin all surrendered less than three games apiece as the quartet all won in straight sets at the three, four, five and six spots, respectively.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn last played on Feb. 16. The 17 days of rest is the team's largest stretch without a match this season.
- The Chargers are on a Florida spring break trip, also playing Keiser University and Broward College this week.
Lynn is back on the road this weekend as the Fighting Knights travel to Georgia Gwinnett College in Lawrenceville, Ga. for two matches at the 2018 Grizzly Spring Break Invitational.