BOCA RATON, Fla. – Another week, another win over an NCAA Division I opponent for the Fighting Knights as Lynn University's second-ranked women's tennis team shut out LIU Brooklyn on Wednesday afternoon, 4-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 4, LIU Brooklyn 0
Records: #2 Lynn (11-0), LIU Brooklyn (5-6)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 1-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights took two doubles matches and were closing in on a third before pairs play was halted.
- Leolia Jeanjean and Natalia Siedliska opened up the day with a 6-1 triumph at No. 1 doubles followed by Ulyana Grib and Anastacia Parkin grabbing a 6-2 win at No. 3 doubles.
- Federica Mordegan and Eliska Petrackova were leading 5-2 in their match at the second pairs flight.
- Lynn needed a quick three wins in singles action to give the squad a 4-0 victory.
- Eleonora Liga was the first to finish, winning the fourth flight, 6-0, 6-1.
- Jeanjean then logged her second win of the day, taking the top match, 6-2, 6-1.
- Mordegan closed out the afternoon with a 6-0, 6-1 triumph at the No. 4 spot.
- Siedliska, Grib and Petrackova were all up a set in their respective matches at the second, third and sixth flights.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn has defeated all three of its NCAA Division I opponents this season by a combined score of 17-1.
- In their last match, the Blackbirds took a point of Columbia University, the 35th-ranked team in NCAA Division I.
- Jeanjean, who is 9-0 in singles this season, has yet to lose more than three total games in a singles match.
Lynn has a week off until hosting Sonoma St. at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 20.