Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. – Lynn University's volleyball team clinched an exciting 18-16 victory in the fifth set on Tuesday night to secure a 3-2 road triumph at Nova Southeastern University, securing the Fighting Knights' first road win of the season.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 3, NSU 2 (25-12, 17-25, 25-19, 20-25, 18-16)
Records: Lynn (7-13, 5-9 SSC), NSU (5-15, 3-10 SSC)
Location: Rick Case Arena | Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 23-20
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Marcella De Vuono had an efficient night attacking out of the middle, posting a career-high .421 attack clip behind 11 kills on 19 swings. She added five blocks, including Lynn's only solo stuff on the night.
- Sonja Udovcic led the attack with 18 kills on a .267 hitting percentage while recording 20 digs and three blocks on defense.
- Rafaela Fonseca led the Fighting Knights' back row with 27 digs. She also logged 15 kills and two blocks.
- Nicol Colonna facilitated the offense with 49 assists and four kills while tacking on nine digs and four stuffs on the defensive side.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Ariana Rodriguez made her first career start as the team's libero. She led the team with two service aces.
- Lynn picked up its first away win this season.
- Fonseca has recorded 20 or more digs in three of the past four matches and has reached double digits in nine straight.
- Both matchups this season between these two teams have resulted in 3-2 Lynn victories.
- Four of the last five matches between NSU and Lynn have gone to five sets.
- De Vuono has 12 blocks against the Sharks this season.
Lynn remains on the road this weekend for its final two away contests of the season, starting with a 7 p.m. tilt at Embry-Riddle this Friday, Nov. 3.