Daytona Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's volleyball team continued its last away stretch of the regular season on Friday night, falling in a Sunshine State Conference matchup at Embry-Riddle, 3-1. Senior Nicol Colonna posted the first triple-double of her career.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Embry-Riddle 3, Lynn 1 (25-14, 23-25, 25-21, 25-21)
Records: ERAU (13-9, 8-8 SSC), Lynn (7-14, 5-10 SSC)
Location: ICI Center | Daytona Beach, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 13-5
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Colonna started off the match as the team's primary setter before the squad adjusted to a 6-2 formation. The senior finished with her first career triple-double, recording a team-high 13 kills at a .231 attack clip along with 18 assists, 13 digs and three blocks.
- Outside hitters Sonja Udovcic (12 kills, 12 digs) and Rafaela Fonseca (10 kills, 12 digs) each contributed double-doubles.
- Libero Ariana Rodriguez led the back row with 16 digs and served one of the team's four aces.
- Lauren Odom led the front line with six blocks while posting five kills at a team-high .444 hitting percentage.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Setter Angala Jensen saw her first primary action at the setter position since an injury sidelined her in the beginning of October.
- It was the first triple-double of Colonna's career and the first for a Fighting Knight in at least four years.
- Lynn has won three of its last five matches.
- The Fighting Knights posted 10 blocks, hitting double figures in six of the last seven matches.
- Lynn defeated ERAU earlier in the season at home, 3-1.
Lynn has its lost away match of the regular season on Saturday, Nov. 4, with a 5 p.m. contest at Florida Tech.