BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's volleyball team took down Sunshine State Conference foe Embry-Riddle 3-0 in the de Hoernle Center on Saturday afternoon, marking a three-set Fighting Knights sweep for the second consecutive night. Sonja Udovcic and Rafaela Fonseca both had double-doubles in the match.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Lynn 3, Embry-Riddle 0 (25-20, 25-20, 25-18)
Records: Lynn (11-7, 5-6 SSC), Embry-Riddle (11-7, 5-6 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 15-5 all-time
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Fonseca tied for the match-high with 17 kills on 34 attempts (.353) and added 12 digs to her line to complete the double-double.
- Udovcic logged her team-high 12th double-double of the season for the Fighting Knights with 13 kills and 10 digs. The junior finished with a .367 hitting percentage and two block assists.
- Fellow outside hitters Siena Kelley and Marine Kinna had seven and five kills respectively. Kinna logged team-highs in hitting percentage (.571) and digs (14).
- Paige Fullerton had two solo blocks and two block assists on the night. She also added five kills on 12 swings.
- Isadora Nicolai earned the start at the setter spot for Lynn, tallying a team-high 25 assists. She added a match-high three aces.
- Biatriz Berti added 17 assists and eight digs while Oliva La Plume tacked on seven digs and three assists.
- Lauren Odom logged a .364 hitting percentage with two block assists defensively for the Blue and White.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This week, Lynn has recorded 14 service aces over three matches while allowing just three.
- The Blue and White improve to 5-3 in three-set matches this season. All three matches this week ended in three sets.
- Fullerton had 14 blocks this week and averaged 1.5 per set.
- This is the fourth time all season that the Fighting Knights have hit above .300, logging a .342 clip against the Eagles on Saturday.
- The team's 51 assists and 52 kills are the most in a three-set match this season.
- Lynn recorded 60 digs and five service aces in back-to-back matches.
The Fighting Knights are back in action Tuesday, Oct. 9, at 7 p.m. when the team hosts nationally-ranked Palm Beach Atlantic at the de Hoernle Center.