BOCA RATON, Fla. – It was No. 1 vs. No. 2 in the regional rankings, it was two teams that came in tied for first place in the Sunshine State Conference, and it didn't disappoint. Lynn jumped out and took the first two sets with relative ease before Tampa fought back and took the third. Lynn fought off possible some flashbacks to this season earlier meeting and rallied to win the fourth set and take the match.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 3, Tampa 1 (25-18, 25-22, 25-27, 25-23)
Records: Lynn (22-4, 13-2), Tampa (20-7, 13-3)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center| Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails the all-time series 4-43.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Marine Kinna continues to make her push for player of the year. She had a match-high 21 kills and a team-high 19 digs.
- One of her biggest challengers for POY is her teammate Sonja Udovcic who had 18 kills and 15 digs of her own.
- Victoria Macaluso was virtually unstoppable running the slide and had 12 kills.
- Biatriz Souza Berti is making a run for three-straight setter of the week awards after her 54 assist performance. She added 15 digs.
- Ruth Zijlistra had 11 digs.
- As a team, Lynn hit .292 and held Tampa to just .197.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Kinna has posted a double-double in seven-straight matches.
- Souza Berti was just one assist short of tying her career-high. She has posted at least 30 assists in 12-straight matches.
- Lynn has now rattled off seven-straight SSC wins, which is a new program record.
- Overall, they have won nine in a row, which is just one short of tying the all-time program record.
Lynn will look to avenge its only other conference loss of the season when they take on Saint Leo Saturday at 4 p.m.